Different Types of Family Law Issues
Family law can be a very emotionally charged topic that can affect the dynamics of relatives in various ways. In some situations, family law is used to establish whether an individual has legal rights and responsibilities for another family member who needs care or support, while in other situations, it could determine the custody arrangement for divorce, adoption, or even child abduction cases.
For those interested in learning more about the topic, our family law attorneys in Hernando County, FL, have created a helpful resource guide of just some of the different legal matters that fall under the family law umbrella, including the following:
- Divorce – Divorces come with many issues, including spousal support, alimony payments, and child custody and visitation rights.
- Parental Rights & Adoption Termination – This is a family law action that can be used to sever the legal ties between an adopted person and their family. This process can be initiated by either the adopted family members or the adoptive parents and is typically the result of significant family disagreements, abuse, or care issues.
- Protective Orders & Domestic Violence – Also known as restraining orders, protective orders are used to keep family members safe from physical and emotional harm.
- Child Custody – This type of family law case is focused on who gets physical possession of children.
- Paternity – This legal action is used to establish the biological parent-child relationship. It can be used for custody or support purposes.