Getting a divorce can be a highly stressful time for you and your partner, but it can be incredibly confusing for your children. One of the most important things you can do is to allow time for them to ask questions. They’re in the middle of the unfolding procedures and will be wondering why you’re getting divorced in the first place. Choosing a family law attorney in Hernando County, FL, will mean creating an opportunity to discuss everything with your kids and answer their questions as clearly as possible.
It may be hard to approach the topic of divorce with your children, but it’s essential to let them know what is happening and that it is not their fault. Here is a list of common questions children ask you:
- Where am I going to live?
- Will I get to live with both of you?
- Am I going to have to move?
- Do I still get to go to my school and be in the same class?
- Where are you (the parents) going to stay?
- When will these changes take place?
- Will I still be able to see my neighbors and friends?
- Am I going to get to do my hobbies and activities?
- Am I going to stay involved in after-school programs or go to summer camp?
An experienced family law attorney will ensure that you explore all the options for your child’s care and comfort. Contact the Law Office of James R. Jones, Jr., P.A. to learn more about their family law services.