Workplace accidents are unfortunately more common than one might think, and the legal process can be highly stressful. The Law Office of James R. Jones, Jr., P.A. has extensive experience handling cases where the client has suffered a catastrophic injury. These are the types of life-altering injuries that leave you unable to work or limit your health considerably. Choosing the right personal injury lawyer in Hernando County, FL, will help you get the compensation you deserve.
What defines a “Catastrophic Injury” in the eyes of the legal system? In Florida, personal injury law, f.s. 440.15, is part of the state’s workers’ compensation code. You fall under this category if you’ve experienced permanent and total disability. To claim coverage for catastrophic injury, you could be suffering from any of the following:
- Severe and permanent functional disability
- A short period of intense pain and suffering, followed by death
- Serious impact on at least one of the person’s major body systems
- Severe damage to the head, neck, back, or spinal cord
- Severe burns resulting in significant scarring (particularly about the face and hands)
- Numerous bone fractures
- Internal injuries
- The inability to perform any gainful work for which you are qualified
A personal injury lawyer will be able to analyze the circumstances of your case and fight to get the full benefits and coverage you deserve from your insurance company. Contact the Law Office of James R. Jones, Jr., P.A. for more information about their services.