How to Prepare After a Separation with a Custody Lawyer in Hernando County, FL
Fighting for custody of a child is highly stressful in an already high-tension situation. Getting a divorce is strenuous, and the topic of child custody can be quite terrifying for the parents involved. That’s why you can take steps to prepare for trial by hiring a reliable custody lawyer in Hernando County, FL. The Law Office of James R. Jones, JR., P.A. has a reputation for helping clients take all the necessary steps to prioritize their children’s best interests.
The first step is to file for a custody petition, then prepare for the custody hearing, the custody trial, and the final custody order. Your custody lawyer will ensure you have everything you need for each phase of the custody process and help you fight for the child’s best interests. The court will take many factors into account to decide what’s best for the child, including:
- Each Parent’s Ability to Provide the Child Necessities, Like Food, Clothing, And Shelter
- The Child’s Relationship with Each Parent and Siblings
- The Child’s Wishes, If the Child Is Mature Enough
- The Parent’s Desires for Custody
- Whether There’s A History of Domestic Violence or Child Abuse
- The Child’s School, Home, And Community Record
- Each Parent’s Mental and Physical Wellbeing
- The Child’s Needs (Special Needs, Breastfeeding)
- Each Parent’s Willingness to Foster an Ongoing and Meaningful Relationship with their Child
Any other factor the judge believes is relevant.
Contact the Law Office of James R. Jones, JR., P.A. to learn more about their custody lawyer services.