Millions of people are using Uber and other rideshare companies to get to work, go to school, or enjoy a night out on the town. In fact, it has become a real lifesaver for many who don’t drive or can’t afford a car. While these rideshare companies provide an excellent service to those that need them, it is important to remember that the drivers are just regular people. That means they can still get in accidents, just like the rest of us.
So, what happens if you get hurt in an Uber accident? The first thing you need to do is make sure you call a car accident lawyer in Hernando County, FL. This attorney can then negotiate with the driver’s insurance company to help you attain the compensation you deserve. They will also take the fight to the people responsible for the accident to ensure they are held accountable.
Here is a list of what you should do following an Uber accident in Florida:
- Call 911
- Write Down a Description of the Accident Scene & Road Conditions
- Write Down the Names & Contact Information of Any Witnesses
- Take Pictures of Any Injuries, the Cars, and the Scene Itself
- Take Statements Made by the Drivers Involved
- Get the License & Insurance Information for All Parties Involved
- Take Screenshots of All Your Uber Information